Goran Nikolic was born on 01.09.1967 in Smederevska Palanka.
He lived in Mladenovac, Arandjelovac and Zemun until he was 18, and since 1985 he has lived and worked in Kragujevac with his family (his wife and son).
He has a vacational-school specialist’s training, he has been working for 30 years in his field and also as a sports volunteer.
He has actively been in the recreational long run for 25 years.
He was a member of a national bicycling team of Serbia for 5 years, with which he took part in 2 world championships and a series of regional competitions.
He successfully ran 29 marathons that he had applied for.
He is a founder of Paraolympic Club and Academy “Junior” and has been the secretary-general of that organization ever since it was founded in 1998.
It was he who first had the idea to found the Sports Association of the blind and the poor-sighted of Serbia and the Parabicycling Association of Serbia in which he was a secretary-general for 5 years. He had thought of and successfully realized numerous projects, among which the following are particularly significant:
- Providing first tandem-bicycles for competitions in Serbia and the surrounding region in 2004 through the project financed by USAID with the help of ACDI/VOCA. This project marked the beginning of a new paraolympic discipline in the region and providing new tandem-bicycles of which there are now 15 in Serbia and Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- Initial training and promoting employment of disabled people, which was financed through partnership between the organisations “European Perspective” and “Handicap Care Hellas” that made it possible for 5 to 20 trained young people with disabilities to get the job.
He was the organizer and a participant of numerous events and campaigns through which the sports potentials of the blind and the poor-sighted have been transparently promoted.
The following are particularly important:
- „Traditional tandem-bicycle marathon Kragujevac – Mostar 420km” which has been happening for 12 years.
- „10 full athletic marathons (42,195) in 10 consecutive days.“
- Bicycling tour from the farthest northern to the farthest southern Serbian borderline “Subotica – Vranje”, ridden for two years, that led to providing new tandem-bicycles for the associations of the blind.
He got many rewards for his sports achievements and the contribution to the affirmation of a paraolympic sport in Serbia.